New Delhi: There is important news for the account holders having an account in the post office. If your account is in India Post Payments Bank, then this news can shock you. In fact, from August 1, you will also have to pay for Doorstep Banking Charges. Along with this, the bank has also cut the interest rates (IPPB Interest Rate) from July 1. That is, now with the increase in your expenses, the profit you get has also reduced.
double blow to bank customers
According to IPPB, from August 1, 2021, customers of India Post Payment Bank will have to spend Rs 20 per request for Doorstep Banking Charges per customer. It is worth noting that there is no charge on Doorstep Banking at present. Along with this, giving a big blow to the customers, the bank has also cut the interest rates. Customers having savings account from July 1 will get less interest. Earlier, customers were getting 2.75 percent interest on balance up to Rs 1 lakh, but the bank has reduced it by 25 basis points to 2.50 percent.
Online account opening process
1. First you download the IPPB app and click on ‘Open Account’.
2. Now enter mobile number and PAN number.
3. Then after this enter the Aadhar number.
4. Now OTP will come on the mobile number registered in your Aadhaar.
5. After this you will have to enter some personal details, such as mother’s name, educational qualification, address and nomination details etc.
6. After submitting it, the account will be opened and it can be accessed from the app.
It is worth noting that the bank has increased the limit for the maximum amount of customers to be kept from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh. Apart from this, the facility of QR card is also being given to the customers of the bank. The authentication process of the account holder can be completed through biometric.