Big news for SBI customers! Now, change your SBI branch online – Here’s how
In a good news for lakhs of savings account holders of State Bank of India, they can change the SBI Bank Branch work online from their home using the Online Banking services of the bank. The launch of the service means that SBI customers do not need to go to the branch for doing this work.
The SBI has taken this decision due to COVID-19 outbreak.
“If you need help in transferring your account from one branch to another, then SBI has got your back. Use YONO SBI, YONO Lite and OnlineSBI from the comfort of your homes and bank safe,” SBI has tweeted.
If you want to enter the request to change the branch of SBI savings account through internet banking then you should have the branch code of the branch of the bank where you want to transfer the account. Your mobile number should be registered in the SBI branch and you must be using internet banking.
Here is the step by step process to change SBI branch online
1. First of all log on to SBI official website onlinesbi.com.
2. Click on ‘Personal Banking’ option.
3. Click on User Name and Password.
4. After this you will have tab of e-service in front, click it.
5. Click on Transfer Savings Account.
6. Select your account to be transferred.
7. Write the IFSC code of the branch you want to transfer the account to.
8. Check everything once and press Confirm button.
9. You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number. Fill it and then press Confirm.
10. After a few days, your account will be transferred to the branch you have requested for.
It is to be noted that you can also change your branch through YONO app or YONO Lite. For this too, your mobile number must be linked to your bank account, otherwise you will not be able to change the account without OTP.